Where did the stains come from?

I did a load of laundry yesterday and everything got green stains all over it. Some of the laundry had red stains on it too. I instantly thought it came from crayons, but I don't know how. There were no remnants of crayon in the wash. I have OCD too, so I check everything a million times and would have checked pockets. Although my husband could have thrown something in the washer I guess. My daughter can't get in the laundry roon because I have it childproofed because all of the chemicals are in there. My daughter is having wacky sock day at school next week. I bought her new socks yesterday and put them in that load. They were orange with purple polka dots and had red pompoms on them. (Oddly all of the pompoms fell off in the wash despite the fact I washed them as directed). I don't see how the socks could have caused the problem but I don't know. What do you think?

catsrock

Asked by catsrock at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• the socks probably bled because they were new... just because they are purple and orange doesnt mean they would bleed those colors... certain colors mixed equal those colors...
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Wow. I was gonna say a crayon or marker first but then I thought maybe a grass stained sock turned inside out? I don't really know.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2009