what are some home remedies for a earache?

irmabeaver

Asked by irmabeaver at 1:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• ear candles
    half water, half hydrogen peroxide
    warm ear oil.
    Breast milk
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Ear candles can actually cause ear infections. If you or your chil has an earache it needs to be addresses. That is a sighn of infection. Instead of addressing the discomfort address the infection,the pain will subside. I grew up with chronic ear infections. Antibiotics are the only cure. I busted an eardrum messing with home remedies.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• well it is not a cure for it, but if you put a warm wash rag over the infected ear it helps to ease the pain. i read online that the only cure is to take amoxicillan, which you have to get from a doctor.
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Steff
    i grew up with chronic ear infections too.

As an adult i now use ear candles and they help wonderfully. BUT it depends on WHY you have the earache.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Apple cider vinegar
    onion juice

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• ear candling
    I had a doctor drain out my ears with a tube and a machine.It sucks out water, wax and so many other things that get trapped in your ear.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Sweet oil works very well.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• put a warm, wet washrag over your ear
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• 50/50 white vinegar & rubbing alcohol

i have chronic ear infections, had horrible swimmers ear for years (swam competitively). anytime i get water in my ears, it gets infected.

my swim coach introduced me to this- and it worked beautifully!

i use it on my kids after baths to prevent infections, or anytime the complain of an earache- we've only had one that required antibiotics.
    the rubbing alcohol helps to irrigate any fluid that is trapped, and the vinegar actually kills infection. works like a charm.
    i also used it on my pom-pom who got ear infections regularly... vet approved of it too, and used it one her maltese with success.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Doctors actually shun ear candles. I was told by a doctor not to use them. I didn't make my info up.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2009