How To Safely Rid A Baby's Room Of Ants???

I gave birth this past week only to come home and find the nursery with an ant infestation! It started raining while we were at the hospital and it looks like they all found their way to safety in through the floor vent! We co-slept the first night because we were too tired to try and resolve it then, but they seem to be everywhere now. It hit me that this was a problem when I went to pick up my little girl and found an ant crawling across her forehead!!! I flipped and haven't put her down since! Is there a safe way to rid an ant infestation around babies?? What should I do in the meantime??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Spray vinegar. I know, it stinks but it nontoxic n does the job!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Ant baits work pretty well. Orkin gave us some that worked all summer long. You can also get Combat baits at the store.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Sense she is so little and isn't a mobile child yet cinnamon oil would be safe to use. No really! i had an ant problem in my kitchen. i bought a little cinnamon oil and diluted it with water in a spray bottle and started spraying away. ...It has worked wonders! and it makes the house smell yummy too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• sea salt worked well for me too. I lined the door way where the ants were coming in and it kept them out.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 1:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Vaseline will also work. Make a layer of it around where ever they are coming in and they can't cross it.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Salt. They HATE it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009