Do you Rent or own your home?

My Husband and I are renting in a 2 Bedroom, 1/2 bathroom, for 820 a month, plus We have to pay renters insurance a month for 10 bucks, and water which is included with the rent. Is that a lot to you? The bathroom is the size of a walk in closet, and the apartment it's self is sooo freaking tiny that the dining room is apart of the actual living room. Bedrooms are a nice size though, but the rest sucks, and we are always running into the corner of walls. But what do you think? We do have a Club house with everything inside. But still! They always give out raffles to try to get money off next months rent which is nice, but the apartment it's self is very cheap everything! carpet, counters/ cabinets, the toilet even sucks and always plugs, garbage disposal always stops working, we had to get new tile in the bathroom it molded, now the floor is molded, dryer is too slow, dish-washer broke once, door handle fell off, on and on!!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What state/ city if you don't mind my asking?
    We own a home in West Virginia. it was very inexpensive and it is a tiny home that we love, on one acre of land. I love that it is a rancher (one story) home and that it is not huge and difficult for me to clean. It IS small though so I can't have clutter.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Well it depends on what the cost of things are where you live.. you'd have to look into the cost of other apartments in your area.

We own our home, just bought it a month ago! I absolutely love it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• That sounds like an aweful lot! iI pay $550 for a two bedroom.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yeah that's understandable, homes here aren't too bad! They are just right in price, especially with how our economy is these days. It's just almost all the houses here you can pay between 600-1,800 a month with a mortgage which is great! Most houses right now, paying on with mortgage is 800 a month for 4 bedrooms, dining, 2 baths and so on, gorage and everything. I feel like where we live is a waste! It sucks actually. :(
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• it really depends where you live. We now live in Oregon and own our home our payment includes mortgage, insurance and taxes each month we pay $1300 for our 2 bath 4 bedroom home. When we moved here 10 years ago our 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment cost us $415 per month I think rent here now is around $500 for apt and houses run $600-1200 the last house we rented was on a ranch it was the main house and HUGE it was $850 per month it was 3 bedrooms 3 bath with a large family room downstairs and lots of land that came with it.

When we lived in So. California we paid $750 per month for a 1 bedroom apartment on the third floor with no elevator lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yeah to get a 550 for a month, would leave me in a gutter somewhere, in My town, I looked everywhere before I moved here, I've been here for over a year now. 2 1/2 years now.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We rent a 2 bd 1 bathroom home (single family), it's about 850 sqft, has a decent size yard, a one car garage and small laundry room connecting the garage and house. We live in a pretty desirable area. My grandmother knows the landlords so I think the give as a good deal. We pay $850 a month and all the utilities. We're looking to buy right now though :) We live in the North West.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• ummmm i am not sure what part of the world you are in but you are paying way way too much. me and my husband currently rent a 3bedroom 1 bath, big fenced yard, central air, and we have a huge porch, and we pay 650 a month. we do pay water but we only pay about 50 dollars a month. i think you should look for something else. it would prolly work out better for you somewhere a little bigger and maybe for a little cheaper???
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• That's too much for that size appt in Vancouver WA.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• sounds like alot to me Here in KY i pay 550 for a 3bedroom 1 and a half bath and its a house and i rent
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2009