a kid that wont sleep in their room/bed

ok my son is going to be 3 and for some odd reason he wont sleep in his room/bed i tried all i can.. i tried to lay with him, i tried giving him a flashlight and a few night lights and nothing will work...the only way he sleeps is on the floor in the living room or my room and i have to break it!

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have you asked him why?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• hes scared of the dark he says..
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Give him a night light and a toy gun it sounds bad but works. Inform him the toy gun is a boogey man killer and will kill the boogey man. It works better if daddy does. However this works great it's how I got my dd to sleep in her room when they are older and over the boogey man thing you can rediscuse the toy gun thing but for now this will help you. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• im not sure. my dd still sleeps with me shes 2 1/2 ..but gramma just bought her a tinkerbell bed set for christmas so im hoping she'll start sleeping in herown bed then! maybe you could try that?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My daughter says she afarid of the dark as well. She just turnd 3 in July. I have a big tinkerbell light, that spinns in a circle and tinkerbell is on the walls, Im sure they have cars or something boy somewhere
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 4:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• This may not be a helpful answer at all, but I vote for just letting him sleep wherever he lands. We had EPIC battles with my daughter over where to sleep from about 2.5 to 3. Finally, I just gave up and let her sleep in her preferred spot (the living room) and bedtime became so much less stressful! After about 3 months, she started sleeping in her room. She'll be four next month, and there are still times that she wants to sleep in the living room and I let her do it as a treat.
    Obviously, this may not work for everyone, but we just decided that it wasn't a battle that was worth fighting (because at 3, EVERYTHING is a battle!). If it's important for your family to get him to sleep in his room, I wish you luck!
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 11:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• he already has a cars bedset n table and what not everything is cars he knows all their names!!!!
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009