Does anyone else's baby or SO (or anyone you cuddle on a regular basis) have a "smell?"

I noticed it first on my husband. He has a smell that is all his own, not owed to deodorant or cologne or anything. It's strongest on his cheeks and upper back when he hasn't showered yet that day. I love his smell, it's incredible. I can't even describe it, it's just his smell.

Well, my daughter has a smell too. It's not the same as her daddy's... it's unique and also indescribeable. She's had it since birth. Hers is strongest in her hair when she hasn't had a bath yet that day. I like the smell of baby shampoo too, but I almost hate to wash her hair because it takes her smell away.

I have never been cuddly with anyone but these two (at least not since I was a child). So I don't know if everyone has a smell or if it's just my husband and my daughter lol.

So... do your loved ones have smells?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They have done studies on smells, and if you don't like how your SO smells you are less likely to stay with that person. The human phenemons are released above the armpit, and above the groin area. These are the natural attraction scents humans put out. Lots of people are aware of smell.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 2:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes! I thought I was the only one to notice these things!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes. My husband does and so do each of my sons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes! my mom said she always loved to smell her children. ...i just thought she was weird. lol

My husband has a smell. I LOVE his smell.
    And both my boys have a smell. ...although, i don't really like my older boys smell.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes! Hubs has an earthy, manly smell that I like, as long as his hair doesn't get too oily then it's not so nice. I guess everyone has a smell, but some people like seem stronger or something. My cat actually smells kinda good too, and I've had other cats that did as well. Weird stuff. I hope my baby will have a special smell that's nice :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 2:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yes whe nim asleeping with my baby i lean down andsmell her hair i do it without even really noticing im doing it now and i love when me and so are cuddling and i curl my face up in between his neck and his shoulders i dont know what the smell is..but i love it
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yes, i love my mans smell when he works out of town I sleep with his shirts that way I can smell him all night long, my two boys have a smell too, I love it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I have a heightened sense of smell and have noticed each person's special smell in my family. My husband's turns me on wickedly, my infant granddaughter's kicks in my maternal instincts so I cuddle her closer and kiss her over and over, my children won't let me cuddle them anymore, but the few ocassions they allow me to hug them I hold them tight because their scents remind me of when they were little girls.
    I thought I was the only one who could smell people like this. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2009