? for Christians?

What do u think about getting your tubes tied? Do u think that is ok? or not/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mine are tied. If the Lord wills that I have more kids, He can bypass it. I haven't been convicted of it by the Holy Spirit if it is wrong.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You know what? I have honestly never thought about that. I am not exactly sure how I feel about it. Maybe someone else can be more helpful.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I personally don't use bc anymore but my mom had her tubes tied because I almost killed her and the dr. told her that if she had anymore children she would probably die, so they made the decision to get the operation.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Your religion should not determine whether or not you get your tubes tied.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I don't have a problem with it, and I'm a Christian. The way I look at it, it's a preventive measure, it doesn't prevent things from happening 100%, but it does reduce the chances.

Just like I also wear a seatbelt - again, it's a preventive measure to prevent something, though it's not 100%, it does reduce the risk of something happening if you use it.

I don't consider either to be defying God, because, 1 - His will will be done, and 2 - He gives us free will, so we get some say in what part of His plan we will play, and He expects us to take some responsibility for our lives and actions. So maybe then instead of being born to you, that child He wanted on this earth is born to someone else, or, they are born to you, because your bc failed.

Because if we say that it's a sin to use a preventive measure to help determine an outcome of something, then we shouldn't wear seat belts or bike helmets, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• This is a matter personal conscience.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 9:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I was never for BC but that was before 5 kids. We have to know where the limit is. If you have th eroom and money to do all the kids you could ever have then I would say no BC but I really thing God wants us to be responsible and sensible about it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I wonder about stuff like that to just pray about it and he will tell u
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Answered at 11:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 by:

* hotair-mama86

hot-m...
    Your religion should not determine whether or not you get your tubes tied.
    ----------------------

I guess you are not Christian, the post said " Christians "
    By your page I can see why youi would want to make such a comment..

this is for you

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
    Anonymous

• Anon I believe in the bible, god and the holy ghost. By definition a Christian. I'm sorry but my mom church flip when she tied her tube but guess what if she hadn't and got pregnant she would die. So no a religion should not decide this it is what is best for you. I know the bible front to back so don't try teaching me k!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009