Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blood clots the size of golfballs or larger.. what should i do.

ok so i have been experiencing terrible blood clots every time i get my period. im taking the birth control called seasonique which i think works great. accept for the fact that when i had first started it, i had my period for a month and a half. and along with that, these wicked bad huge clots. and im not exaggerating when i say, i would remove my tampon and it would plop into the toilet bowl. and the pain, its excrusiating. now, i have never had a miscarriage, but the pain and the size of these clots, u would swear theirs got to be an underlying problem. yet i have no idea. i cant make it to the dr right now. do any of yall have advice? maybe have this happen to you? but every time i pee, remove the tampon... clots after clots just come pouring out. and honestly, im worried..

Answer Question

Asked by chris-s-wife at 1:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Do you have this problem when you're not on birth control? Try going off your birth control for a couple months and see if that's the problem. Use condoms instead for a while. What you're describing isn't ideal. I don't think you're dying or anything, but it's definately something you should look into.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • Call your doctor first thing in the am. This problem can make you anemic and have low blood pressure. Watch for fatigue and other signs of anemia. :( Sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • I use to pass blood clots like that when I had my fibroids.  Anon is right, anemia is a big concern right now, so you really need to see your doctor.  I recommend stopping the bc for a couple of months, if things get better then the bc is probably the problem but if things get worse then you obviously have another problem that needs to be sorted out by a doctor.


    Answer by beeky at 8:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • The big clots were a normal part of my periods, but if you are concerned, you should talk to your doctor.

    Answer by NannyB. at 9:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.