oh holy crap i just noticed this...is it gonna be ok??

we just polished off a container of formula (about a weeks worth) for our 3 month old, and as we were throwing it away we realized it was the go and grow for 9months +!!!! he has been acting totally normal, but he has been having a little bit of constipation, not really constipation, its just a little thicker than usual and usually he gets it all out in one diaper and now its like a little bit at a time throughout like three diaper changes. is it gonna be ok???

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 2:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say yes, I mean I would tell the babys' doctor on Monday. But the thick poop may be from all the extra viatimns that are in that can for a child of 9months. but you can always call a hostipal er to ask them if he will be fine
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• my son spits up a lot so the doctor gave us a formula that has rice starch which helps him keep it down a lot better but we had constipation for almost 2 months with that.he did his number 2 maybe once a day and they were small hard beats like =( the ped said to give him a little water in between and it helped it untill he was able to diagest it better. if you are really worried bring him to the ped. good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 2:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• According to dr sears, the main difference is the whey/casein ratio and the fact that they use corn syrup instead of lactose.
    The poop is probably from the extra iron. I wouldn't worry. (sorry, nak)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Your child will be fine. They isnt any major changes that would hurt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• it's okay , don't worry ,He'll be fine.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If the only symptom he has is a little constipation then I would say he tolerated it fine. Just switch back to his normal formula and maybe give him a little prune juice to help him pass his stool easier. If you're not noticing any changes in his behaviour, appitite, sleeping habits, etc, then he should be just fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009