SO not bonding with his second child (my first)

His daughter is 7 and though we only have her one night a week they are very close. I am 37 weeks pregnant and I am afraid he will not love his second daughter as much as the first. He hates to touch my stomach because he thinks its gross. Though he didn't with his first either. And he doesn't want to watch me give birth naturally yet he watched his daughter be born by c-section. What experiences have you guys had when your SO already had children?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 3:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• WOW forgive me but he sounds like an ass. how weird to think your pregnant BEAUTIFUL belly is gross! thats rude and strange!! and he doesnt want to see his baby be born? have you asked why?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• something must be wrong...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• baby girlHe will be fine once the baby is born and he gets to know her and love her.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He def can be an ass. lol. With the belly thing he is creeped out with pregnancy in general and feeling the baby move is gross to him. He very much loves children but how they get here makes him uncomfortable. And he will be in the room when I give birth but he doesn't want to look. If we could have skipped pregnancy and childbirth and just been handed the baby he would have been very happy. He was actually the one to first bring up us having one. I am just concerned that his first will always be his favorite.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 3:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Some men are freaked out by the whole birthing thing period. My hubby swore he didn't want to be in there when I delivered and right up till the first baby was born, I'd assumed and had set it up so that someone would be there with me just incase. He ended up staying in there and was very helpful in all of my deliveries without ever going to any type of classes. My hubby wasn't big on the whole hands on belly thing either. I'm guessing your guy isn't one of those touchy feely people either. As for the difference in the two children... don't worry about it. He is going to be wrapped all around this baby's finger! My hubby loves both of his daughters, but my last baby is the pick of the litter, she follows him around every step he takes and it's obvious that they're like two peas in a pod :) It'll be fine, you'll see :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He could be concerned because you and the baby will live with him his first will be replaced so he is trying to distance himself to prevent it!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009