Wondering how far along I REALLY am...?

Well, I just found out that I am pregnant with my 3rd baby. I called the doc and they said they can't get me in 'til Nov. 2nd b/c the doctors are ALL out of the office for the next two weeks.

Anyway, if I go by my last period (Sep 21) I should be about 5 weeks ... but ... I'm not sure if my last period was REALLY a period or if I may have been pregnant then -- it was lighter than normal, shorter than normal, and I didn't have ANY clots and I usually do during my periods.

ALSO: This "period" occurred 3-4 days before I was expecting my normal period. AND I took my first home pregnancy test SEVEN days before my period was due THIS month and the line showed up very plain. (I took the test on Oct. 14 and wasn't expecting my period until Oct 21-24). Isn't that kind of early for a HPT to come up positive??? That's why I'm thinking I may have gotten pregnant in Sep and not Oct.

What would you think?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 4:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• fake cramps and go to the er they will do an U/S and tell you
    Anonymous

• I think you will just have to wait till you go to the doctor and let them check you and see. Good Luck and Congrats!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• an hpt can show up positive the day after your first missed period...so thats hard to say...the only way to REALLY say how far along you are and be accurate is with an ultrasound...they can measure the circumfrence of the babies head...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i'd tell the docs that and have them do an ultrasound to see how far along you are really, they are very accurate in early pregnancy.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• you can check for Pregnancy 7 days before your cycle is supposed to start.. But yeah don't stress just wait til then.. I know it's a pain to wait til the first initial appt. GOOD LUCK!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009