How can I get my daughter to sleep later than 5:30 every morning?

She wakes up at 5:30, no matter if she goes 7:00 or 10:00 at night or anytime between.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 6:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try putting her bed later and shortening her nap other than that I'm not sure sorry
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I have a friend that actually tested her sons sleep daily untill she got it down,and for him it ended up like this...
    He had to take short naps all before noon.Nothing after.she had to keep him occupied all day and not let him nap after 12.By 6pm it was bath time,play time till 730pm and in bed at8pm.He woke up like clockwork at 8am everyday.But like I said she tested numerous ways before this one.I think every kid is different,She was old school and all her kids had set times for everything. Today most moms dont have that much time
    anyway hope it at least gave you an idea.
    Mistynpreston

Answer by Mistynpreston at 8:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I sortof have the same problem with my son. He hardly ever naps, and I can keep him up until 10 PM and hes still up every morning at 6:30. I've tried everything I could think of.... Good luck to you! hope you figure something out
    Mickeylynn02

Answer by Mickeylynn02 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Try short or NO naps and get room darkening curtains as the light coming in is probably what triggers her body to wake up. Keeping the room dark will keep her asleep longer.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• One piece of advice: Do not take away the naps. You will end up with a cranky kid and this will be much worse than having to get up at 5:30 am. She needs naps and sleep for healthy brain and body development. Try ignoring her when she wakes up and see if she will put herself back to sleep within 15-20 min. Or you could go into her room, hold her and rock her and tell her it's still night-night time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2009