SO walked out fo job, expecting a baby ANY DAY NOW

ugh. My SO walked out of his job tonight.. did not quit, just walked out. He has anger issues and got pissed at a sub manager (she's a b***h) and just left!! She told him not to come back until Monday when the real manager gets back. So he lost all his hrs for the weekend and he could lose his job! He doesn't seem too worried about it. He's one of those people that says "oh they would go out of business without me." But lol, it's Wendys. I can't really say anything because he will lash out on me, but I'm terrified! This baby could be coming any minute now! I am stressed out now and worried sick. He can't get unemployment if they decide that he 'quit' by walking out. He was applying for jobs online last night, but who knows. What will we do? What can I do? Any suggestions would be helpful. I am so angry that he just left and did not think of his son who will be here SOON! =(

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 7:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• First, ignore the anon bitches :)
    Second, your man absolutely needs to get his head OUT of his ass, get over his "anger issues", and realize that this baby is on the way!! You said you've noticed him getting kind of lazy? It could be because the stress and reality of the situation is setting in - guys deal with stress differently, you know? But, hon, aside from him being a total dipshit by walking out on his job, you should not be nervous to talk to him about something like that beause of his "anger issues", that's not okay. you two are in a relationship, therefore the decisions he makes directly affects you & your child, so you have every right to have a conversation about this without him getting hot-headed. My SO hates his job, too, but he knows that's what he has to do right now. AND he's going to school full-time! I'm not trying to say mine's better, just saying that as a man, yours should & better start steppin' up!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• try to just talk to him and tell him you both have a child coming and he cant just walk out no matter how mad he gets i used to be the same way. if a manger pissed me off i was gone. and they would always consider that i quit. but just tell him that and see what he says. and good luck try not to stress to much over it maybe he can get another job and everything will be ok... but you dont need to stress hun.. good luck
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Thank you. I have tried to talk to him a little, but I know those are buttons that I don't want to be pushing with him. He had put up with a lot of BS at this job and I had a feeling that it was coming sooner or later...

He has been so good and responsible about working since we found out I was pregnant. I have been so proud of him for supporting me. He works as much as possible but lately I noticed he;s been slacking. I don't know why because if it were me in his shoes I would be getting all the extra hrs I could get. We have no savings. We live paycheck to paycheck. I am just afraid we will be out on the street and I just want to know what's going to happen and don't want to wait until Monday to know!

The dr. is talking about inducing me if I don't have baby by Tues. This is just another thing to worry about.

Thanks so much for your answer. I know I'm freaking out =( lol
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 7:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• ok i am going to email u with a site for u or him to look at for a stay at home job ok these r all real and my friend runs the site and it is not any thing like u pay them to start it is they pay u ok
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• can you go live with your parents or someone? He seems very immature and he works a Wendy's. You and the baby need to feel safe, so focus in safety and security whicn you don't have with him. Don' t go back with him until he get's his act together and let him know that. Did you guys complete highschool and how old are you?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• just because he works at wendys does not mean anything staceynoel....and it doesnt mean he is immature
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He does seem immature for walking out of a job without saying anything. He could have said uh I gotta go my so texted me she needs to go to the hospital or I need to go home she is not feeling well. That way he could leave work and still have a job. I would encourage him to get help with his anger issues they do not go away on their own. Sometimes they do get worse. Not always but theres really no way of knowing.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• The only reason he works at Wendys is because the advertising company that we worked for went out of business and we both lost our jobs. It took him months to get hired at a new place and that just happened to be Wendy's. The job market is awful.

We both have high school diplomas, we are both 20, and we both have some college credits.

I really can't go live with my parents.

I just don't know what to do, but I guess we will have to be patient and let it work itself out.

I will check out that website.. Thank you!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 8:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• just because he works at wendys does not mean anything staceynoel.

uh, yes it does mean he's immature! if he lost "hours" by walking out, then he is an "hourly employee" meaning not management or full time with benefits! walking out IS immature--especially when he's going to become father soon! immature is also not marrying the mother of his child. immature is not planning for this child properly.

i can glean so much from the op's post! op, you had better plan on goingthis alone. your so is not ready to be a father and is going to have a really difficult time providing for the two of you! better to cut your losses now, and do for yourself and your baby--doing whatever it takes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Lady, he does need help with his anger. We both realize that. He has no health ins, but will hopefully be able to get on Medicade once the baby comes. He made too much money to qualify for it with just him and me on his income.

I could kill him for walking out, but I can't do anything about it and I can't make him do anything. I would have handled the situation 150% differently lol.

We will be getting him help for his anger ASAP. Thank you though.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 8:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2009