This is going to sound really crazy but I need help!

Our 3 year old dd has the flu. Not H1N1, just the good old regular flu. She touched my lip with her hand a few days ago and I thought I had a pimple on my lip but now I have like all these bumps and my lip is swollen. I don't think it's cold sores but I don't know. We make her wash her hands all the time, especially when she's sick, so I don't know what this could be. Anyone ever had this happen to them before???

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 8:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• It's a cold sore...cold sores are tiny, little bumps that swell up the certain part of your lip they are on. Then when the tiny, little bumps get extremely close together, they merge into this one huge, super blister called the dreaded cold sore. I'm sorry! I actually thought I was getting one the other day, but I just iced the area and it went away...get blistex...the white, gooey kind!
    cmorellana

Answer by cmorellana at 8:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2009