Flies????

I went out of town for a few days and wehn I came back my house was full of flies!!! I have fly paper out and not a single fly is on it! How can I get rid of them? I don't even know how they got in!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Our garbage cans have to be kept outside the back door, so we have a lot of flies. I have found that fly swatters work great. Also if there is a window or area that they seem to congregate in wipe it down, water works. There are probably eggs being laid there. The eggs are dark brown pencil dot size spots. They prefer our windows. Doing this seems to keep the population down.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Uggg.... I feel for you, the same thing happened to me once. Nothing else worked, so DH & I grabbed some newspaper, rolled it up and went to battle!! First, make sure you get rid of the source: any trash, food, etc. that has been lying around the house. In our case, it was a trash bag that was left on the floor & we forgot to take it outside before vaca...GROSSS I know. Good luck!!
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2009