I think I'm listening to someone's radio through my baby monitor........

I always hear weird stuff like phone conversations, other people's kids playing/crying, tv, radio.

Ever happen to you? Is it only the cheap ones that pick up stuff like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dunno.....never had such a thing happen to me. lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yea its the cheap or old ones that do that....you are tuning into someone elses baby monitor that lives near you...i had one that did that...i remember listening to two boys playing....found out it was a neighbor two doors down...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Ours would cross lines and we could hear our neighbor singing to his baby or them talking and stuff like that. I always turned it off really quick when that happened, lol. I made sure to turn ours off when we weren't using it too just in case they could hear us! It wasn't really a cheap one so I don't think that had anything to do with it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We only used our baby monitor once. The most terrible sound I have ever heard came out of it. I have no idea what it was but if I believed in Hell I would think it were a demon.

DH ran in there, grabbed our son, and he slept with us the next few days, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Ours pick up our local radio station, HD98.3 and our backyard backs kind of onto a main road so whenever cops drive by, my baby monitor picks up their radios. Yeah, that freaks me out when I'm sleeping and in the middle of the night I all of a sudden hear a loud man's voice on it.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My mom wouldn't let me use a baby monitor with my daughter because she was scared the Russians or the Chinese or the Al Qaeda would pick up on our conversations and come kill us.

I shit you not.

(Of course, we didn't really need a baby monitor in the end. We used one for like two weeks, then we figured it was a waste of time for us. I ended up donating it.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yeah, that's why I stopped using the baby monitor. It was freakin' me out.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Wow, Cait, just, WOW.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I heard some clicking on my granddaughter's monitor one day and t reminded me of the movie "Signs" with Mel Gibson and it sort of freaked me out. I moved the monitor to another outlet that had nothing else plugged into it and it has worked perfectly clear since.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009