What do you think?

Do you think that a Mom and child or children going to church w/out the father is harmful to a child. Doesn't it show a mixed msg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you mean one parent staying home while the other takes the kids? My husband takes the kids- I mean forces the kids to go- to church every week and I stay home. They totally understand why I don't go and so does he. He takes them to be brainwashed, I have to de-brainwash them when they get back.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It may be confusing for the child but s/he is learning, if the parents are respectful of each other at any rate, what each parent believes and why. Ultimately the child has to make their own choice anyway.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 10:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Certainly not! It will teach a child first hand that everyone approaches their spiritual life in the way that is best for them.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i hart.. i don't understand why you have to make insulting comments about it. do you like it when people insult atheists?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• What? Of course not!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Who am I insulting? I am stating the facts as I SEE THEM. Perhaps if it upsets you, then you're the one with the problem, not me.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• no.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 11:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Nope because they are probably with the mom more often anyway so they are probably used to it and dont even think about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I think children benefit most when they are able to worship as a family.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• BTW- I took my children to church with me by myself for several years, and now (within the past 3 yrs) my husband attends with us every week. I see the difference not only for the children- but for the whole family. We feel closer- like church is a family affair.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2009