Do you think some people just aren't meant to be happy?

Every time start looking up for me something bad happens. I am too depressed to even want to get out of bed. I can't afford meds for it. I thought last night maybe I should give my son to my ex and just kill myself. And least then my son wouldn't have to struggle through life bc bad things always happen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Awww... I don't know if you are religious, but even if not (I'm not really, and I believe it!) - There is a really powerful statement. If God brought you to it, he will see you through it. But if you are seriously thinking like this, you absolutely HAVE to call your closest family member (please) and talk things through IMMEDIATELY. Your son needs YOU, not your ex, you - his mommy. It WILL get better, it always does. And always remember this - it can always be worse too. Just look at the news- or take a trip to a pediatric ward where there is no cure for these peoples illnesses. Please be grateful for your health and your sons health. If nothing else, that, which is the most important thing ever, is going right for you. Everything else will come too.
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I have felt your pain and if you ahve health insurance it will cover for counseling and meds. Nothing or no one is worth taking your life. Yous child counts on you and giving him up will cause him the pain you feel, do you want that? bad things happen to us all but you pick up the pieces and say maybe next time. If you have a depressed sad attitude then you will always have a closed mind to happiness. Happiness is what you make it and you dont need anyone else to make you happen. Go thru life saying "I love me even if noone else does". You have you your life and a beautiful son what else do you need? Have have the best thing God has given us all and thats a child. Find a way to get counseling, depression will eat you alive and its just not worth it. Your happiness will come but not until you get help. Do it for you and your son no one else matters. Only you can make yourself happy
    best wishes and dont give up!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• There are free mental health clinics mandated in every state and the meds are with in your budge or free. They come with free skills training and or counseling. Just open the phone book and make an appointment. And if you are really scared that you are going to kill yourself, call and they will send someone to evaluate you for crisis services. You have to be well to care for your son.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If you don't have a medical condition that prohibits you from taking it, try the supplement 5-htp for your depression. You can buy it over the counter. It's pretty cheap or ask the pharmacist if there is any way the manufacturer will provide a sample. Depression is a nasty thing. I've suffered from it all my life but there are things you can do. 1) movement . Get up and move around. Walk, dance to a video, do jumping jacks...just move your body. I know that's not easy when you are depressed but there is a physiological reason for movement helping fight depression. I just can't think of it at the moment. 2) sunlight. Let the light into your house and go out in it. If that's not an option then at least have lights on in the house. Sunlight is best though. 3) Have a project or work on a hobby you like. 4) Have a goal or appt for a future date. I'm running out of space but if it gets too bad, PM me. We'll get through this together

Answer by admckenzie at 11:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I know your pain and you know what It is not worth it to kill yourself....it will screw up your son like you will never know.
    Anyway I personally have to wonder what I did in a previous life to make this one so damm miserable! I have thought about killing myself plenty but have to remind myself about the kids and their feelings and how it would destroy them.
    Maybe God gave me kids so i wouldn't kill myself......all I k now is if it weren't for my kids i would have spent most of my adulthood in and out of hospitals or living on the streets with a rotting liver from to much booze.
    You just have to let yourself stay strong and do alot of praying while you are in bed.
    When I can't get out of bed i pray for strength to get up then pray for the ambition to do something productive. I also have no insurance and live in a remote area. Seeing a dr. would mean driving forever and taking my son with.
    Anonymous