Serious question about stitches (please help)

I am 5 weeks post partum. I thought I was healing nicely, until last night I looked down there and there is a string looks like a tampon. It's a stitch...I tried to pull it gently (because the others have been coming out when I wipe) but it hurt so bad! and started bleeding. Even when I wiped this mornin - it caught on to it and started hurting. It is attached to something!! There has also been a slight odor I thought would go away. Other than that it seems the rest are dissolving and the area has healed. What is this? My 6 weeks appt is on the 2nd. (after that I am supposed to be cleared for sex, tampons..ect..)
WHAT IS THIS?! It's really scaring me now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just trim the stitch so you aren't catching it on anything... it's probably just not ready to come out yet on one side.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If you have medical concerns, you should be calling your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't worry at all. Maybe try rinsing with water every time you go pee just to keep he area nice and clean until you go in for your appointment. I think a little of a smell is going to be normal because you have exposed and drying blood. Did they give you a squirt bottle for when you go pee? Like what was said above: trim the string so you don't catch it. It should dissolve when it's healed around the area. You can always get a mirror and check it out down there, I even swabbed with a q-tip and yes there was a little bit of funky smell, but everything healed up back to normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• go the the doc i was told if there was any foul odor or bleeding go the doctor so i strongly suggest you do the same.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• call your doctor tis is too serious to be taking advice from anyone who is not a doctor.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing and I busted a stitch...I had to go to the doctor and have it fixed, it hurt but I am glad I called the doctor because she said if it wasn't fixed the skin would not heal correctly.

lubell1217

Answer by lubell1217 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009