Serious question about stitches (please help)

I am 5 weeks post partum. I thought I was healing nicely, until last night I looked down there and there is a string looks like a tampon. It's a stitch...I tried to pull it gently (because the others have been coming out when I wipe) but it hurt so bad! and started bleeding. Even when I wiped this mornin - it caught on to it and started hurting. It is attached to something!! There has also been a slight odor I thought would go away. Other than that it seems the rest are dissolving and the area has healed. What is this? My 6 weeks appt is on the 2nd. (after that I am supposed to be cleared for sex, tampons..ect..)
WHAT IS THIS?! It's really scaring me now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You have to check with your OB asap. It might get infected.
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 10:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It sounds like what you said -- a stitch is attached to something. It is possible it's attached to something it isn't supposed to be. Stop pulling it and call your doc.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It sounds like a stitch that isn't going to dissolve. Please call your dr and get it taken care of.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 11:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Get in touch with your doc asap because its starting to sound like its either attatched somewhere its not supposed to be or its infected. Good luck, hon!
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Dont pull it! Call your Doctor ASAP. You could need re-stitched and it sounds like you may have an infection. This isn't something to screw around about. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL NOV 2ND! GO NOW!
    Anonymous