Serious question about stitches (please help)

I am 5 weeks post partum. I thought I was healing nicely, until last night I looked down there and there is a string looks like a tampon. It's a stitch...I tried to pull it gently (because the others have been coming out when I wipe) but it hurt so bad! and started bleeding. Even when I wiped this mornin - it caught on to it and started hurting. It is attached to something!! There has also been a slight odor I thought would go away. Other than that it seems the rest are dissolving and the area has healed. What is this? My 6 weeks appt is on the 2nd. (after that I am supposed to be cleared for sex, tampons..ect..)
WHAT IS THIS?! It's really scaring me now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• call your dr.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yeah, that sounds painful & a bit scary. Call your DR ASAP. It may get infected, or already be infected & the sooner the DR sees it the better. GL
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You should call your Dr. that doesnt seem normal. The odor could be an infection. I would def call ASAP
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Adding my urging to that of the others. Call your doctor now. No use to be worried or to run the risk of infection.

Answer by Bmat at 4:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2009