Would you let your teen dye his/her hair blue?

My friend and I were talking about this. Would you allow it? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would,i think that they should have a right to express them selfs,better to let it al out instead of keeping it in.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yep, as long as it was temporary, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

As a teen I had purple hair once and pink hair another time.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes, teenagers try to express themselves. If my daughter wanted to dye her hair blue I'd let her.Even though I think it's rediculous, I would tell her that I thought it was rediculous but i'd have to let her come out of the blue phase on her own.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I definitely would. Even if it's permanent. Permanent dye like that (funky colors) doesn't last very long honestly, it fades rather quickly. I died my hair many many times in high school and in fact had it done last night with some purple in it. I see nothing wrong with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yes..my mom helped me dye mine pink, blue, purple wahtever color i wanted and i'll do the same for my kids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i agree with shyma..my dd is 12 and wants to turn her hair another color..might i add shes fair skin blond and blue eyes..the color she wants.....black...so holloween is great were taken the hair color spray can that washes out and she is trying the black..so we least get to see what it would look like. i myself hope for the best lol she is hopeing for "cool"..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I had highlights that were "cookie monster blue". I think the whole head of hair dyed blue(or any un-natural color) looks rediculous. I would probably say yes, because it's just hair and I guess a better way of expressing yourself than other worse things, but I would still think they look dumb
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• tabbys4- It's going to wash out and look gray for a week, did you tell her that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yep. my hair looked awesome blue. but my favorite was when i dyed it hot pink.
    Ninjabear

Answer by Ninjabear at 11:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yes, because my mom let me and I didn't turn out any worse for it. It's hair, it grows back, let them express themselves.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2009