Did anyone see Where the Wild Things Are with your kids?

We saw it last night with our daughter. It was such a good movie. My daughter loved it so much that she talked about it all night and sang all the songs from it.

It is a must see family movie. We get tired of the 'adult humor' kids movies.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• we're going to see it with ours... I'm glad to know it's a good one :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Best film of the year. I hope it gets tons of academy awards. Great cinematography and a fabulous adaptation of a book into a film.

I don't think it's particularly a "children's film" or even a "family film." It's pretty conceptually heavy. But children can enjoy the story because Max is such a great character.

Bring a box of tissues. SO even bawled his eyes out and he'd never even heard of the book.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I took my boys to see it last weekend and we loved it. My boys spent the whole car ride home mocking the 2 owls.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• THANKS for posting that you loved it! I have been posting about this and I recieved minimal responses (thanks to the 2 ladies that answered BTW lol). We are so excited about it, just gotta schedule the right day. THANKS!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I haven't because I am so afraid it won't live up to the book! I haven't seen Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for the same reason. I wish they would stop turning classic books into films...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Actually the guy who wrote the book couldn't have been happier with it. It is pecial to me because this was my daughters first movie in a theater. It was a very special day for me and her.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• This really lives up to the book! We took our 2 grandsons and they both loved it although the 2 year old got a little antsy at the end. They actually talked about being one of the wild things for trick or treat but changed their minds back to power rangers which says a lot about the movie since they absolutely love the rangers.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009