Never a positive HPT?!?

I am currently 2 weeks late for AF. I have taken a HPT today and last week, both were NEGITIVE. I called my DR and they sent me for a blood test....but i will not get the resaults until Monday.

My question is...

has anyone ever to not be able to show up positive on a HPT but they did on a blood test?

if so how far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hasn't happened to me but I do know that the blood test is the most accurate. So good luck to you girl!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It is unlikely, but I do know of one person that happened to. Her urine test virtually never showed up as positive, but the blood test was. She was about three months pregnant by the time she found out.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My mom never had a pos pee test ever, and she has 3 kids, she did get pos blood tests. I know a lady that never had a pos blood or pee test she had to have ultrs sound to find out.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My mom never did have a positive blood test with me. she only found out because of a required yearly physical by the company she worked for. She found out April 22 (1988) and i was born July 21st (88) which means she didn't find out until she was six months pregnant and that was only through u/s, she never gained a single pound, I was born a healthy 9lbs 1oz.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 9:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• this was on here before! go check that post
    Anonymous