Never a positive HPT?!?

I am currently 2 weeks late for AF. I have taken a HPT today and last week, both were NEGITIVE. I called my DR and they sent me for a blood test....but i will not get the resaults until Monday.

My question is...

has anyone ever to not be able to show up positive on a HPT but they did on a blood test?

if so how far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friend didn't get a pos hpt til she was over three months preggo, something to do with the hcg not going into her urine bc she didn't have an excess of it till then.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• False negatives are extremelly rare as far as I know, but it does happen and it's not nearly as rare as false positives though, that almost never happens. I bought two types of hpt's once and took them at them same time, one said pos and one said nothing no lines came up no pos no neg and I was pregnant, that's the only time I've ever had one not work correctly. Good luck, I hope you're preggo.
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 11:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I had a freind who sister never got a positive test through out her whole pregnancy, she didn't find out till she was 6 months, because the test kept saying negative her Dr. was shocked and confused, and never could come up with an explnation for it, she had a healthy baby boy.
    Anonymous

• with my first i took 17 HPT and all were neg. So when i went to the dr and he told me i was 10 weeks pregnant i argued with him lol but yes.... with him i didnt get any pos on a hpt
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 12:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• thanks that helps
    Anonymous