yelling teacher

I went to pick up my daughter yesterday and she was sobbing even with her friend thier I felt so bad for her asked her what happened and she a said that mr.fox was yelling at her and walking her up into the wall and her friends even vouched for her and said that a couple kids walking by covered their ears. When I went to talk to the teacher about it he denied it and a couple other teachers who werent around according to my daughter and her friends said that he wasnt yelling accept one of the teachers looked all wide eyed. I approached the teacher to see what I could do to help the situation because if my daughter is crying something really scared her. I think I'm going to buy my daughter a mini recording device so i can hear whats going on at school do you think this would be okay? I saw a girl wearing short shorts and this isnt allowed,the only thing is they did nothing,my girl would sit in the office had it been her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Does your child go to Mabscott Elem. in WV? We have a Mr. Fox for a gym teacher and I heard that he yells a lot at kids....hasn't happened to my son yet and it better not ever happen!

I'd tell the teacher what for!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• she goes to westside elementary school here in utah.both her and her friend says he was yelling and then he was walking towards her in a threating way.I told her the good thing is she will be out of that school soon!
    Anonymous

• Do NOT bring a tape recorder to school. In some states it is ILLEGAL to tape someone without their knowledge. You need to set up an appointment with the teacher and principal and voice your concerns. NO teacher should be yelling at a child and moving towards them in a threatening manner. Call and/or email the principal now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• What tyfry said.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• In our state it is legal to tape a person or conversation as long as one person knows they are being taped. But your daughter is a minor and does not fully understand the ramifications of being recorded. All in all, not the best idea. I would go to the principal and state your concerns as well as that other children reported to you the incident did occur. I would also file a complaint with the district and let them step in and sort it out. I have worked at a school where the teacher was abusive to his students and denied it. Unfortunately the school principal backed him up one hundred percent despite multiple children coming forward. Hard situation. I would also confrence again with the teacher, let him know I stand behind my child, and no other incidents better occur. I would also, without my child knowing, have a written request to transfer classrooms.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Believe me when this happened to my oldest daughter I wanted to kick some ass and yell back at the teacher but instead I took it up to the principal. The teacher calmed down after she was confronted about the incident.
    mommy1245

Answer by mommy1245 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Happened to my son as well. I also tried to speak with the teacher and he denied it. But knowing our children as we do we can tell when there faking something so I scheduled a meeting with the principal, and the teacher, my husband, my son and myself eventually the teacher did admit to getting upset with my son but said he wasn't yelling. I wasn't satisfied so We decided to switch teachers mid year and amazingly his grades improved lol
    toyh

Answer by toyh at 6:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• no one yells at my child id be in that school with my big mouth
    miamimom2

Answer by miamimom2 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009