what can i do for my one month old's constipation?

My one month old is constipated pretty bad, is there anything I can do for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1 ounce of apple juice and 1 ounce of water should do it
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If your baby is one month old and is constipated i would recommend changing her formula to soy or lactose free. My kids all switched to Soy and it make them alot happier. Soy is better anyways if you read the labels. Just buy one can of soy and see how your baby does. If you get wic all you nee to do is tell the dr. the baby was constipated you switched the formula to soy and how the baby is happy. your dr. shouldnt give you a problem about a letter to wic. You can take your checks back and they will give you new ones for the soy milk. Or just Lactose free.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i agree some juice and water. but if you are breastfeeding i would talk to the doctor bc breastfed babies rarely become constipated.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I would NOT give a one month old JUICE!! no offense everyone. Juice is for 6 months and up!.Maybe 4 the soonest. Try the diff formula. The cow milk formula is making your baby constipated. Try one can of soy or lactose free and you will have a happier baby. I promise.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I am giving her Similac Isomil, the soy kind :/ should I take her to the doc? She's been on the soy formula for 2 weeks and is just very constipated - OP
    Anonymous

• Formula fed babies get constipated. Next time you are at the doctors ask what to do. Some doctors recommend Kayro syrup. Your baby is already at a disadvantage because of the formula its sad to give the baby Kayro syrup and subject his digestive system to that too.

Here is a link to instructions and a video about how to do massage that may help.

http://www.infantconstipationcause.com/
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I would take her to the Dr. Just plain water is good but don't let her drink to much because it doesnt have nutritional value. you can try to push her legs up to her stomach a few times and see if that helps. Try the water then call the dr. poor baby she must b miserable.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Yeah, it's horrible. She is having such a hard time :/ I feel bad, I breast fed her the first two weeks and then idk what happened but I just wasn't producing milk anymore, I went to my doc and he doesn't know why it happened either. I wish I could have breast fed longer, she did so well with my milk.

-OP
    Anonymous

• A one month old baby should not have apple juice.

Soy formula is horrible. It is the formula of last choice. Anything else is better than soy. Do a google search and read all about it. The most important developmental task during the first year is brain growth. Soy beans aren't very smart, they are even dumber than cows!

Since she is not doing well on the soy you should get back on cows milk. Please consider relactation. It's obvious your baby is having problems. Formula feeding has life long health consequences.
    Anonymous

• re-lactation? how do I do that? - OP
    Anonymous