Obama says H1N1 is now a National Emergency.....

He signed a proclamation saying just so. This opens the door for all kinds of things, some very benign but others pretty out there.
I don't see the emergency here in my area and CBS recently did a piece saying they found it to be OVERestimated. Whats going on?
Are your areas having huge problems with the illness and availability of the vaccine?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My area has had a number of cases. And it seems like very day the news is saying someone else has died. Then my daughter got sick, I took her to the doctors. They told me she tested positive for H1N1. I got so scared. The doctor told me not to be too worried. He said the media is blowing it out of proportion because H1N1 is new and different. He said its actually the "better flu to get" because it is typically not as long lasting as the seasonal flu. She was treated with tamiflu and within a day her symptoms were practically gone. So i hope he is right and i hope she is better.
    Anonymous

• I think the reaction to H1N1 is extremely over-exaggerated and Obama isn't helping matters much. I wish he would move his attention to more pressing things. I truly do not understand his priorities. We have had some cases in our area, but nothing to get excited about. I've not seen that this is any worse than the seasonal flu. No clue about the vaccine availability because we won't be getting it...however, they are offering it for free at my daughter's school, so I'm assuming it's readily available.
    Anonymous

• In my area they released 25,000 doses and we have 1.6 million people.  That's enough for less than 1% of the population.  We are supposed to be another 30,000 doses this week.  At this rate, it will take over a year to immunize just half the population. 

This is Obama's Katrina.  The government has f-cked up big time. 

Anonymous

• my daughter and I have it. It's not been that bad for us. We are in Day 3, But we are healthy with no pre-conditions. The worst part.... The headaches.... owwwwwww
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• In my area they released 25,000 doses and we have 1.6 million people. That's enough for less than 1% of the population. We are supposed to be another 30,000 doses this week. At this rate, it will take over a year to immunize just half the population.

This is Obama's Katrina. The government has f-cked up big time.

Um, if a CBS investigation just revealed that a very small percentage of suspected cases were positive for swine flu and vaccines are unproven and dangerous, how is it that not having enough poison is f--ing up? I don't see the logic. Maybe you should read the post on the CBS investigation and educate yourself on the real danger here.
    Anonymous

• Wise up Americans!! We're being taken for a ride once again by our pathetice prez & government leaders...

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/24/CBS-Reveals-that-Swine-Flu-Cases-Seriously-Overestimated.aspx

It's all about control!

Anonymous

• Liberals should take his announcement seriously.

Anonymous

• "Um, if a CBS investigation just revealed that a very small percentage of suspected cases were positive for swine flu and vaccines are unproven and dangerous, how is it that not having enough poison is f--ing up? I don't see the logic. Maybe you should read the post on the CBS investigation and educate yourself on the real danger here."

Obama declared a national emergency.  It's either an emergency and Obama hasn't dealt with it, Katrina-style, or it isn't an emergency and Obama has lied to us.  Either way, the government f-cked up.

Anonymous

• I don't know. I still think I had it, our doc wouldn't test. I was treated for broncitis and a sinus infection. U got sick Sunday. The headaches, fever and chills were gone Thursday. The cough and fatigue are hanging on. I have decent asthma, so I was pretty worried, but we're ok.
    Hubs started this morning though.
    I've never been that sick in my life, and he's a whiner.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Anonymous