has anyone tried ALLI diet pill?

i have a few extra pregnancy pounds i would like to lose and was thinking of trying alli but i am scared of the side effects. i would love to hear some of your experiences. thanks!

baabaakeekee

Asked by baabaakeekee at 12:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• Ive heard good, neutral and bad things. I recently read that it can cause liver damage. Im not sure if thats true though, you should talk to your doctor first.
    Anonymous

• Before it was over the counter I took the Rx version. It made me have really greasy stool. And it was bright orange. Once, TMI WARNING, I passed gas and orange grease filled my underwear and pants. Ruined my clothes. If you take it, you have to eat a very fat restricted diet or you will be plagued with orange greasy poop and difficult to control bowels. Extremely fat restricted. Avocados or low-fat yogurt even caused this for me. You can lose just as much weight with the food restrictions of the ALLI program.
    Anonymous

• Yep, not cool. I heard about the liver and kidney damage. And yes it is true. Your liver and kidneys filter toxins in your body and process fats. Somehow the alli messes with the way your body processes fats and it affects your liver. But they aren't going to take it off the shelves, Tylenol causes liver damage but they don't take that off the shelf either but there are warnings all over it! Same with Alieve.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• copy and paste as always..
    Anonymous