What do I do when my 13 months old's diaper leaks every night?

Every morning when my daughter wakes up she's wet down her leg because she peed so much it went through th diaper. (no poop, just pee). I've stopped giving her water 1 hour before bed, then 2 hours before bed and it still is just as bad- she just pees a lot!

What can I do to keep it from happening? Any ideas? Do they make night time diapers for this age (size 4)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• They do make night time diapers or you can just go up a size at night. Something else, I noticed with my son...I stopped giving juice after 5 or in the evening, we just do milk. Just a few things to try! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My son has the same problem but he wakes up at night for 2 bottles. I dont think they make overnights. What diapers are you using? I use huggies they work pretty well. My son is in a 4 also. I get up and change him at night around 2. I just wonder if she isnt drinking alot why she's peeing so much. Does he pee smell reallly bad? if so she may have a UTI. I just found this out because my son had one. I told the Dr that he was peeing so much and it smelled very bad they took a sample of his pee and sure enough he had a UTI. It's hard it babies because they cant tell you.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We use Luvs, we had huggies recently (my mom brought some over when I was in the hospital for pre-term labor) and they didn't work any better =(

Her pee doesn't seem to really smell more than normal- in fact I don't think I can smell it unless I stuck my nose up to it. I am kind of concerned that she's peeing so much at night. She does get about 5 or 6 oz of milk right before bed, but we stop all water past 6 or so and put her down between 7:30 and 8.
    Anonymous

• We used Luvs, but my 13 month old was also leaking through (although it was only on nights my husband put the diaper on the night before so that may be way) however, we switched to Huggies Overnights size 4. He's only 20 lbs but they seem to work really well! No leaks and it's been about a week and a half!
    Anonymous

• Luvs always leaked all over, they are actually thinner than Huggies. Try a 2t size pull up at night. I've been through this with every kid. When they start doing that get a pull up that is bigger than their normal size, it'll stay up fine and hold more pee because pull ups are very absorbent. No more washing sheets everyday!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• There are also these things called diaper doublers that you can get, they are and extra absorbent pad.
    Steff107

• that's a good idea the pullups. Thanks i'm going to try that.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• use nighttime diapers. I belive huggies makes them. Or maybe move up a size.. I knew a lady who would put a pad in her kids diapers. i know... strange. but it worked! he would pee through every single night... until she got pads. The ones without the plastic on top that touches the skiin.. i think thats the always brand. Stayfree is very soft and absorbent. i know its weird. b ut hey.. it sbetter than changing sheets every night!
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• my son had the same problem we started to use the pamper overnight protection size 5 and he does not do it anymore. actually the huggies ones dont work as well as the pampers maybe u can try that
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Usually when we have that issue we need a bigger size.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2009