is it really THAT big of a deal to tip everywhere in vegas

Ok so I heard over and over again that it is a biggie to tip in vegas but my husband doesn't want to... we aren't bringing a ton of money with us on our vegas trip (not planning on gambling) and we are going to be club hopping (I am getting a club hopping pass) so we will be going to like 20 night clubs while we are there. We will be tipping for our dinner/lunch/breakfast but we will be broke before we know it if we tip everyone (the nightclub people, the maid, the bag person, the well everyone you are supposed to tip there) even if we tip just 5 dollars for both of us I added all the places we will be going that they say to tip to and it equaled about 200 dollars. Which we will need while we are there for other things...

Savanna22

Asked by Savanna22 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Travel

• I grew up in Vegas. I would only tip people those that earn it. If you want a little extra service then tip someone. But other then that is doesn't matter. Tips are optional not required, but definitely encouraged. You might want to find out which jobs earn there pay from tips, ie waiters and such. Enjoy the trip, you are going at a good time the weather should be nice and not to many tourist.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• we are going in december btw... so still a little under 2 months away. But the pass is to save money it is 100 dollars and you get vip access for all the clubs on the stip (just means little to no lines). I know I asked this question elsewhere and someone said if you can afford to go to 20 clubs then you can afford to pay the tips at each one... which I cant there for the pass I found, just like if you really look you can find other deals/specials/coupons.
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i once went to a hotel in a casino ...not vegas but the people that help you with the bags to your room, will just ask if you need help, we said yes we need help but hubby knew he was suppose to be tipped but i didnt, so if your trying to avoid situations to tip someone, all you gotta do is say no and that you can handle it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• ugh! wow i didnt know you had to tip that much there, maybe i should move there!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• all the things I have read to prepare for the trip said to tip literally everywhere and everyone... which is to me crazy cause if you going to a lot of places on your trip that adds up to a ton of money you are handing away. I think I'm only going to tip when I get good service or for the bag person... and it isn't going to be that big of a tip.
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Try this website https://www.insidervlv.com/tipping.html
    It has all the correct tipping, its not as expensive as you would think. I also heard this same information on TV and my brothers girlfriend just moved here from Vegas, she said they all are correct =)
    b_pacheco

Answer by b_pacheco at 3:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would tip the bag person or do it myself. Housekeeper I wouldn't.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009