Whats the best way to cook 2lbs of chicken to refreeze and use for recipes later?

I can grill some, crock pot, boil...
Normally I'd just grill it all for the weekend but I'm pregnant and can't stand chicken right now, lol.

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would cook it slowly in a big pot on the stove. When it was done I would take it off the bone and put it in freezer bags or containers and freeze.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Oh no you poor thing! I know honey, I know...lol
    I would go for boiling it, then separating it, and packaging it out in portions.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Are you using whole chicken or breasts? If you are using breasts, I cook it in the crock pot with a little bit of water, over low heat about 8 hours. Then I shred it and use it for enchiladas, tacos, etc. Hope that helps
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009