Nurses and nursing majors, Was chemistry your weakest subject in school?

HI, I am thinking about going back to school but changing my major to nursing. My weakest subject has always been chemistry. I good in Biology, but chemistry scares me:) I was wondering if you struggled with this subject in school? Is it really worth me switching to Nursing if chemistry is my weakest subject? Any advice will do. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to teach the chemistry lab course for nurses. I am a medical lab technologist. My son is a RN and lived at home while going through nursing school. He had no problems with chemistry and we didn't do any chemistry when we homeschooled.

It all depends on who is teaching the course and their attitude. Some jerks want to flunk nursing students. Others want to make chemistry fun and want to make sure nurses know enough so they don't kill the patients.

You need to find out who is teaching it. If all the people teaching chem at your school are jerks take chemistry at another college and transfer it. All you will have to do is get a C. Your grade won't transfer.

Nursing is a great field. We live in Arizona and nurses can make $50 an hour plus with a two year degree.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Thanks Gaill
    Anonymous