I had a c-section the 6th and now I wonder if carrying and lifting the car seat is too much heavy to do. Thanks

Cutemommy2304

Asked by Cutemommy2304 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How big is the car seat and how big is the baby? If it makes you uncomfortable, don't lift it. Let someone else lift and carry; you can just hold the baby.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i agree with the other post. My son was only 5lbs so him and his car seat didnt way to much together.

if it feels uncomfortable don't lift it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i had my c section may 19 and on may 20 i picked up my 30 pound 2 year old and was fine but if it hurt u 2 carry the carseat and him then dont it is ur choose unless u dont have someone to do it
    lextjmom0709

Answer by lextjmom0709 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Thank you moms...I havent been trying either because I am scared. The baby is around 8 and a half pounds by herself. Unfortunately I dont have anybody else at home that can help so unless my bf is around I am stuck and cant go out not even for a walk or to buy milk! It's very frustrating but I want to be safe first of all.
    Cutemommy2304

Answer by Cutemommy2304 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You don't have to carry the baby in the car seat. You can leave the seat in the car. A sling would be good for the baby because it would put the weight on your shoulders and back. If you don't have one you can get one on Craigslist for cheap or eBay or a new one online and maybe not even have to leave home. I've delivered things to new moms that I've sold on Craigslist.

My oldest is 30 and thats when they first started having car seats. There were no handles on them to carry them and they were heavy. You couldn't easily carry them around. You left the car seat in the car and just got the baby out. Carrying babies around in car seats is a new practice.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• my kid was almost nine lbs and i carried her and the carseat alot!!!! never had any problems.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My daughter was 9 Lbs. 11oz. and when she left the NICU at 6 days old, I carried her in her carseat and I was fine. But if it hurts you, don't do it. On the other hand if you can do it, you should do it. IMO it would be good for you to do some *light* lifting to try to get your stregnth back up. Do what you can and don't be afraid to ask for help.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I used my moby after my C-Section. I just didn't like lugging it, and I had two older kids that need their hands held when we went in and out of stores.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2009