Hey Atheists/Agnostics!

Do you ever have moments during the day that it seems like the universe is "talking" directly to you? Almost like, something is going on in your life, and someone says something or you hear a song, or read something that is directly related to your life, and it reaffirms your ideas about the universe?
Do you ever feel like, hey, I hear ya and I feel the energy around me and I know that my life is perfect as it is?!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't feel like the universe is talking to me , i feel like it kicked me in the gut.
    life happens for a reason & we don't know that reason. there is no higher power, no god or dieties. there is just life.
    my husband died ....a cruel joke but he died. since then i haven't "found" god or anything like that.
    the only thing that reaffirms my ideas on this life is that for every bad thing that happens a good thing can come out of it.
    he died but 3 people got to continue to live becasue of his gift of organ donation.
    he died but yet we continue to live our lives without him.
    no one is guiding me i just do what needs to be done.
    life happens
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 2:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't say I feel like the universe is talking to me. There are definitely moments when I realize that I life is exactly as it should be and that I'm comfortable in my own skin. When something bad happens and I get through it, I feel good in knowing that I am strong and able to deal with things. I don't feel like some imaginary being is out to get me, or that I'm being "tested". Life is life, and it has balance. We're strong enough to deal with the good and the bad.
    There are also things that happen that make me feel calm and peaceful and know that there is balance in the world. One place I love going is Red Rock Canyon. When you stand way up there, surrounded by that beautiful quiet place for miles around you, you can't help but look down and think that wow, the world is amazing. Why would you ask for anything more?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Not particularly. It's more the lack of said events that reaffirms my nonbelief. I'm really in tune with my "spiritual" side, and if said events were happening around me, I think I would notice them and acknowledge them. There are moments when I feel alive, though, when I'm conscious of my alive-ness, like when my daughter and I share a special little moment or I see a gorgeous sunset. But I don't think it's the universe telling me that everything's okay or anything.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• "Do you ever feel like, hey, I hear ya and I feel the energy around me and I know that my life is perfect as it is?!"

not really sure which way you are going with this.. so it's hard to answer.. but I will do my best. I don't feel anything intelligent behind natural energies, or some coincidences. (aka a God, or Goddess, or higher power).. but I can relate to natural energies, that can sometimes be drawn together..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Sometimes I hear a song and say "Yup that's right Paul, you got it." Paul being Paul McCartney. Other than that, with my psyche background, if I was hearing voices I might get paranoid and call up the doctor. So like right now Paul is telling me to let it be, there will be answers and I believe Paul...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

This is exactly what I was referring too. Not necessarily hearing voices, but rather getting affirmation from the world around me:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2009