When is a good time to start picking baby names?

I gave birth to my dd when i was only 23 weeks preggers we did have the names picked out about a week before her birth (thank god lol) anyways I am now 16 weeks pregnant with our second child and i am unsure when we should start thinking about baby names, with my first I was so excited that i started at 8 weeks looking through baby names this time I havnt even consider any yet what do you think? when did you start choosing baby names?

toledoohiomom

Asked by toledoohiomom at 2:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started picking out names as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Had my sons first name picked out before I even found out what I was having.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Whenever feels right. Of course you have to leave time to discuss it with your SO, but some parents wait until they see the baby to designate a name. I had picked out a name for my son when I was 7 months pregnant, but had considered many names before hand.
    luvububee

Answer by luvububee at 2:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I'll be exactly 9 weeks pregnant on Wednesday and already have names picked out... I don't think it really matters when you do it. :o)
    shelbyk

Answer by shelbyk at 2:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We picked names before the end of the first trimester with our first two. Our third child was a little harder cuz he was our last and we had 3 names we loved and couldnt choose between but then we picked the two we couldnt live without and that happened in the end of the second trimester.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We chose our name a few days after we found out the gender
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• we had ours picked out the day we found out we are having a girl
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 3:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2009