Have any of ya'll ever got dehydrated while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, I have because I hate drinking water all the time. I've ended up in the Birth Center here on iv because I was having false labor contractions because I was dehydrated.. DRINK WATER.... water water water.. lol it's not fun but it's for you and your baby.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Every pregnancy I end up with an IV, but that is because I can't hold liquid of any kind down in the beginning.
    Anonymous

• (op) -I was dehydrated last week because i couldn't keep anything down not even liquids! so I had to go get Ivs for about 5 hours at the hospital. (i'm 33 weeks) I still am not holding food down as well.
    Jusica

Answer by Jusica at 2:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i think almost everyone is walking around dehydrated
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I was dehydrated when i went into labor and it made it so i wasn't dialating, they even considered a c-section because they tried everything. Then they checked my urine and sure enough i was dehydrated so they started fluids and i had my son 11 hours later. Needless to say i will never go to that hospital again because that is the first thing they did when i was in labor with my daughter but i learned my lesson the first time and made sure no matter how sick i was to just keep drinking water. I never had to get an IV for fluids in between but i had a lot of false alarms so it must have been from being dehydrated.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i was stuck in the hospital up to a iv two weeks ago because i was, not fun!
    i had all these bruses on my arms after because they had to keep trying and trying to find a good vain because i wasnt keep anything down :(
    drink lots of water!
    i hate drinking water after water but its worth it go to the store and get lil packets of like lemonaid or iced tea that u can just put in a water bottle thats what my nurse told me :) good luck
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2009