i am curious about something maybe i am worried about nothing. I am 38 years old my cycles for my periods have never been normal but now I will go a week nothing then every two weeks I blead for like 4 to 5 days. I have had sist on my ovaried before what should i do. The doctor finds nothing my fiance is scaried to death and so am I. I have two new grandbabies and would hate to learn it is something serious. Has any one of you had this happen to you.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• sounds just like what's happening to me right now and I will be 25 in July. Nobody can tell me hat it is either. I had a sist when I was like 16 that they said went away...

Answer by silence68shh at 2:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You need to go to the doctor for an exam. I have had cysts removed and endometriosis treated. My doctor said that it would all get better after I had my daughter. She is 2 now and my cycles are starting to get crazy to the doctor again...maybe consider going on the pill to regulate your cycle?

Answer by 1funkymomma at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My friend had this happen to her in High School, the doctors didn't find anything wrong with her, but she looked like she was 6 months pregnant. But she wasn't, and they couldn't find anything, however after high school, she moved to Florida and they found a tumor (non cancerous) in her stomach area that was the size of a basketball that her doctors in MI didn't look for. So not to worry you, but you may want them to do a body scan thing.

Answer by flutterby87us at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Get a NEW OBGYN and get an ultra sound exam to see whats causing these problems! Dosnt sound normal to me and cysts on your ovaries can be very serious! Being young might have been ok but 38? past child bearing? Get it checked out by a more qualifyed OBGYN

Answer by vbruno at 3:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• ita normal even at 38 to bleed like that,,,,check your hormone level and throid level, but after 35,,,,,weird things happen

Answer by cameron536 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Sounds like Fibroid Tumors to me. Check with your gyn and they can tell you for sure. At your age, there may be hormones to shrink them rather than surgery and if they are really large, it may take surgery.

Answer by Ladycwells at 4:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008