Canning storing or Zip lock freezing?

With you're red sauce do you can it or freeze it? What works best for you and why?

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 3:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you decide to can it, be sure to use a pressure canner. An advantage of canning is that if the power goes out for several days, stuff in the freezer will spoil (unless using dry ice, etc) and as long as the jars don't freeze, canned stuff is still good. I always freeze sauce. I trusted it more than canned.

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We have limited freezer space so I am a big fan of canning. Just make sure you process it properly and the lid seals.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 4:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Glass jars in the freezer

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I freeze in freezer containers or bags, depending what I have on hand or what I can get cheaper at the time.
    Anonymous