is it safe to live in delaware, buffalo new york or pennsylvania

i want to move from yonkers n.y to either delaware, buffalo new york or pennsylvania, i have section 8 which has cheaper rent, better and safer to live especially for the kids and weather wise?

raunchy46

Asked by raunchy46 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • Pretty sure any type of assistance available goes by the county you are living in. Not necessarily the state.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• In Chicago (and I would guess most areas), the neighborhoods with section 8 housing tend to have more crime and lower performing schools than other neighborhoods.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I think Pennsylvania is really nice to move to.. I wanna move there myself, but even upper westchester is good, did you try peekskill, NY or even cortlandt manor, NY..
    ZiemMya2

Answer by ZiemMya2 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Pennsylvania is fine. Depending on what part you look at you might find the availability of section 8 housing to be lacking. Most section 8 is in pretty shotty areas, so if you don't necessarily mind the hood or the projects, Eastern PA isn't bad.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Buffalo, NY is close to parts of PA. Although, I wouldn't necessarily choose Buffalo. I prefer PA. Can't tell you about Delaware.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• eww yeah Buffalo (have family there) is really an ugly run down city for the most part. And expect snow lots of lake effect snow in the winter. I'm from Pennsylvania but farm country so really can't say much about the cities. Though I went to college outside of Harrisburg (nice and small) and Philly is nice. Deleware is an okay state. If you like the ocean I would say Delaware though the state is too flat for me. Yet now I live int he lowcountry of SC so yeah it's flat. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• LOL well I live in Suburbs of Buffalo.....yes the City itself has a lot of run down housing and crimes but so do nost downtown large cities and the neighborhoods surrounding the downtown areas. We do have wonderful suburbs, food, shopping and Lake Effect snow hasn't been too bad in recent years....last year Syracuse got more snow than we did.

But it really depends on the area of Buffalo, there are certain areas I won't walk around, but then I'd have no reason to be in those neighborhoods. The suburb where I live has WONDERFUL school and was voted one of the best "towns" in the country to live in!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009