Does your kid do this?

I have a 1 year old and he head butts everything! If you are holding him he will try to head butt you, if I put him in his crib or playpen he head butts the railings. He will head butt just about anything! The floor, couches, pillows, your knee, whatever! He's been doing it for a couple of months. Most of the time he won't do it too hard, but sometimes he makes himself cry. Is this a phase or something more serious? Some lady said her child has autism and does this. I have his 12 month check up coming up so will bring it up to the doc then.

But just wondering if anyone else has a kid that just likes to head butt!?

Jeckers

Asked by Jeckers at 4:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. And my child has autism. It used to be worse, he has since grown out of it--except when he's really frustrated.
    Anonymous

• Some kids do this. They even make soft helmets to protect little heads.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My sisters son did that and he was just fine. He didnt have autism. he just banged his head. I think he did it bcuz my sister would tell him to stop. I need to read about this autism. It seems to be common. I bet if i tried hard enough my kids could have it too.
    Anonymous

• Thanks, I don't want to self diagnose my kid, but will talk to his pediatric doctor. I won't mention autism, just that my son head butts everything. :)
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 4:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Some kids do, do this. They're exploring their world and for whatever reason head butting things is apart of it. I would bring it up to your doctor, but it doesn't neccisarily mean it's anything serious.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009