I am going to tell my parents about my ex harrasing me... do I tell them everything or do I sugar coat it and make it not sound as bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Why would you sugar coat it?
    Honesty is always best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I just don't want them to be hurt by what he has said about them or freak out.
    Anonymous

• Do you think they are already going to be hurt? Do you truly believe that with holding something from them will be better in any way?

I truly believe that honesty is always best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It would be wrong to sugar coat. Just be on a need to know basis. You don't have to share everything unless needed!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• They will be hurt... the things my ex has said in the past has hurt them more than I ever imagined. I will be honest with them because they are my parents and I love them too much to keep things from them... I just needed a push. Thank you.
    Anonymous

• "Just be on a need to know basis." Great Idea.... thanks.
    Anonymous

• You don't need to tell them what he has said about them. Just tell them what he is doing to you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You dont mention how old you are.. You need to tell your parents, and then you need to file a restaining order against you ex. If you are concerned about your parents being hurt by what has been said, that willllll NEVER make up for anything if your ex decides to kill you, your safety and well being is what your parents look for and i am sure if it came down to you or your ex, whos back do you think your parents will have,.,. Stop you ex from STALKING you.
    mosaickathy1

Answer by mosaickathy1 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I don't sugar coat anything when it comes to the truth. If you were my dd I'd want to know it all so I could be supportive

Answer by admckenzie at 7:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If you have kids with him and/ or he is putting you in danger tell them everything and document it. If he's just annoying you and yall have no kids together tell them as little as you can.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009