Why I can't be a Christian...

I have asked some Christian friends and they can't seem to give me a clear answer. I have a hard time accepting that if you don't believe in Jesus you aren't saved and go to hell. I wasn't raised in a Christian home. My parents exposed to many different religions. I wasn't taught that as a child. My Christian friends have been taight since birth that Jesus is the savior.
Why wouldn't God want us all on a level palying field. If I die I will go to hell because my parents didn't tell me something over and over since I was a baby? What about people who live in countries where Christitanity isn't practiced? We don't all have equal opportunities to learn about or believe in Jesus. How can I follow the bible when the whole premis of it is so completely unfair. God loves us all, but he makes sure some of us get better info than others? It just doesn't make sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is the reason why you shouldn't listen to people, a lot of people call them self christians but really they are not even close, thing of it is people judge people by what they see and hear God judges us by our heart, that is why it says in the Bible leave the judging to me, if you judge someone you will be judged the same way, you really want to be a Christian and a true beliver stop listening to judgmental people and read the Bible (preferebley KING JAMES VERSION, why cuz the newer versions are changed and they cut out important stuff, a lot of people will argue about it, but we did the whole compare the Bibles in my study group and new versions simply cut out important stuff) pray to God, ask him to help you understand everything and he will. Good luck momma and God Bless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You CAN be a christian, or anything else you feel that you are in your heart. It's our hearts that show us who we are....not a book or a God. And if your heart tells you that God is the way...then you are a Christian.
    Besides, doesn't God know your heart more than anyone else? I don't believe for one second, that this supposed God would send you to hell because you followed your heart, and not a book written by MAN.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You're right it doesn't. That's why the Catholic Church teaches that it is possible for people who are "ignorant" of Christ due to no fault of their own (because of when they lived, where they lived, language barriers etc.) who still lead righteous lives simply because they follow their conscience can get into Heaven.
    Anonymous

• sahmmama. I can't raise my son in the Christian church and have him told that Jesus is the only path to God. And you can say I can be a Christian, but most Christians will say without Jesus and the bible I am not a Christian.

Anonymous

• Anon 52, that's just just the Catholic church. Most of the Christians where I live (in the bible belt) don't even consider Catholics to be Christian.

Anonymous

• You answered the question of why you aren't a Christian in your question: You refuse to believe that Jesus is the savior.

Why CAN"T you be a Christian? Well you must tell us why you can't believe Jesus is the savior.

As for your remark you have to be taught over and over since birth; I suggest you talk to converts of those that never heard of Jesus growing up.
    Anonymous

• Oops, I somehow deleted part of my response: My point is just that not all Christians are like that or believe the same things you have been told.
    Anonymous

+++

thats a plus for being Catholic! LOL
    Anonymous

• OP here, my question isn't why can't I be a Christian. I worded it poorly. The questions have are the reasons I can't be a Christian. I am really frustrated by the fact that so many Christians can judge people for not being Christian, but when I ask these tough questions they can't come up with anything that makes sense. How anyone one judge me for not believing in Christian beliefs when Christians can't even explain how God could treat us so unfairly.

Anonymous

• "God could treat us so unfairly."

He doesn't that's just their interpretation.
    Anonymous