SORRY FOR THE REPEAT...I ACCIDENTLY CLOSED

My son had to have his tonsils and adenoids removed and have tubes put in his ears...He will be home for a whole week and i need helo on finding things to do inside my home that will keep his mind busy...He's getting tired of coloring and watching movies...Help please...

0MyNameIsMom0

Asked by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• for the anon who answered when i asked this last...He needed this done because he was having a speech problem not because of other children(what that matters i have no idea)...If Pre school wasnt beneficial then they wouldnt have it there...Thanks for your concern of my parenting skills though youhave a great evening...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i think she thought he got sick and that's why he needed his tonsils taken out. as for your question. try making a fort with blankets and couch cushions, bake cookies, clean up the yard together(jumping in leaves:) read books. is is sick? if not then take him to library. my dd loves that.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• To the moron who responded to your last question.. You are nothing more than that, a complete moron! My son had to have his tonsils removed because he was having constant ear infections as well as strep throat and breathing apnea and this was long before he was in school. Stop being such an asswipe.

With that said, sorry i'm not much help my son ended up back in the hospital for 4 days after his surgery so by the time we got to come home he was running around doing everything he normally does Hope he feels better!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He cant go outside because its cold here and his doctor said to wait a week unless i absolutly have too...No he's not sick and he's not to up for alot of movement right now...Thanks for the fort idea and the baking...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• How old is he? Maybe you can do some fun Halloween projects or something?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• kalebsmomeee...thanks for your reply...WHy did he have to go back?infection?what happened?
    0MyNameIsMom0

Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He is 4
    0MyNameIsMom0

• How about making a paper chain to count down until Halloween? You can tear a link off a day. It probably wouldn't take long to do, but it would be something different. You could let him have a "car wash" with his toy cars (if he has some?). Get him a bowl of plain water, a bowl of soapy water, and a washcloth and let him go to town. This could get messy, so I would have a towel ready. =) I'll come back if I think of anything else.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• One of the blood clots in the back of his throat busted and wouldn't clot back up so he had to stay in the hospital until they were sure that wouldn't happen again. Was definately a scary thing to deal with.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• movies get old after a while... so does coloring...

be creative- how about build a recycled city? take things like cereal boxes, carboard tubes, egg crates, and some glue + scissors (u do the cutting!) & go nuts!!
    dd and i built bridges to roll cars across, we made doors that opened on the buildings, and she made playdough people, we took tissue paper and made trees... use your imagination!
    we built schools, a hospital, our house, a park... it was so much fun for both of us!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2009