? about birthcontrol pill

ok so i been on pill for 20 days i havent had unprotected sex untill last night am i ok ? is the pill in my system how long does it take ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• Yea you should be fine unless you have missed pills
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Birth control pills, or oral contraceptives, contain hormones that suppress ovulation. During ovulation an egg is released from the ovaries, without ovulation there is no egg to be fertilized and pregnancy cannot occur.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Miss know it all, I am pretty sure she knows this.. She was asking if it had been long enough since starting the birth control pill.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• they say you should wait 2 months before having unprotected sex because it could take that long to not ovulate, but that is just to be more safe, it could be that it worked right away for you.
    Anonymous

• i have never heard of waiting 2 months. The most I have ever heard or been told personally is a full cycle (You know.. 1 month..)
    Anonymous

• I was told by my doc it takes one month until it takes full effect
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009