Should I be worried?

I had a baby 7 months ago. I also have HPV. That being said, I have been getting my period for two weeks on, one week off. Its been like that for a few months now. It didn't do this for my first baby so I don't think thats the issue. My husbands cousin had cervical cancer and her first symptom was getting her period for two weeks on, one week off. I won't have insurance for another few weeks yet to be able to go see my doctor about this. I'm trying not to get too worked up over this but I can't help but think the worst. Any ideas as to what could be going on with me?

katskelington

Asked by katskelington at 6:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Health

• Try having a period 6 months on 1 month off...thats what I went through...it wasn't cancer though. They put me on Depo shot to stop the bleeding and I've been on it for 10 years now (which is just as bad for me). I wouldn't worry yourself too much, my mom was like that where she'd have a period that lasted longer than usual then she'd stop for a short amount of time and then have a full blown period again. There was nothing wrong with her, the doctor told her she was just irregular and needed to watch her diet and stress levels.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You need to see a doctor. Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.
    Then contact your congressional representative and demand universal health care.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Go to Planned Parenthood. Cervical Cancer is very slow growing and the surgery is a very simple office procedure. Nothing to worry about.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2009