My DH is meeting his birthmother Monday...

I want to put a basket of goodies in the guest room for her and I need some ideas for it. So far I have some shower gel, lotion, spray gel. I am planning on getting her a little mesh ball for the shower. She is staying about a week with us. She is planning on going trick or treating with us and I bought her some Halloween socks too. I need ideas, please????

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 6:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Godiva chocolate strawberries or some other good chocolates or a pumpkin scented candle
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Hmm....maybe you can throw some kind of snacks in there, too in case she wants a midnight snack. =) A card welcoming her to your house would be a nice touch, too.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• A few nice smelling candles from Bath and Body!
    rita-jo

Answer by rita-jo at 7:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Don't go overboard. What you have sounds very nice. I'd steer clear of sweets unless you know she's not diabetic or attempting to lose weight or whatever other reason she may not want to be tempted.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Bottled water, granola bars, Photos of your hubby as a baby, child, pad of paper and pen
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• what you've done sounds wonderful... maybe a nice card too, just to top it off, but i wouldn't go completely nutzo! lol she'll be so excited & nervous that i'm sure it won't be the first thing on her mind. it's a wonderful occasion! hey, maybe throw in a disposable camera to go trick or treating with, for her own scrap book? just a thought.

its hard going through this... expect there to be high emotions. it was hard when my ex went through this too- no matter what happens, be positive, smile, and keep your mind and heart open. good luck- hugs all around, i'm so happy for you all!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2009