How to make a Fire Extinguisher Candy Bucket?

Does anyone have any ideas on making a Fire Extinguisher Candy Bucket/Pail for my Son's Fireman Costume???

He is 4 years old, so it needs to be made lightweight.

Thanks in advance!

Coltons_Mommie

Asked by Coltons_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• A 2 liter soda pop bottle?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• What about using his fireman's hat as a candy catcher? Then you can carry a bag that he can empty the candy into occasionally. Or, maybe go to a fire station, and see if they have any "retired" fire boots that they would be willing to part with. Then just line it with a plastic bag... OR, find a square basket and print out 4 fire extinguisher templates like this , and glue them to the sides.

HTH

KATMommie158

Answer by KATMommie158 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Cute idea BTW. I always do something like that with my lo's. This year for my fisherman I am making a paint can with worms glued to it. For my mermaid something a butterfly net with shells, and for my nemo????? An anemanee (sp)????? LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I like the 2 or 3 liter soda pop bottle idea. trim off the top, cover rough edge with tape. You can add a hose and nozzle to the side. Any tall narrow can would work, maybe larger diameter than a Pringles container, but that kind of shape. Cover it with red construction paper, or silver with fire symbols on it.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 4:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009