help, please read.

my SO and his friend are thinking of trying mushrooms, but we have a 4 week old, i told him no, i didnt think it was being responsable, now he is mad at me, is this right

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Is it right for you to say no, well I would have said no as well.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• In my opinion it is irresponsible of them to do it in the same household as the baby, or to be around the baby when they are under the influence.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I think you are right for telling him no. You shouldn't let someone pressure you into doing things you don't want to. I would just say stay away from mushrooms, but if your going to try them, its a good idea to have some one watch your child at another place.
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 7:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• just for the record, i dont do drugs, not even smoke cigs, or drink alchol, he wants to try it and i dont want him to, but now he is mad because im mad at him for thinking of trying it
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• hes prob mad because he knows your right and that he wasnt able to make a mature decision on his own. He has is own free will and if he wants to do it then tell him to leave the house. Id also reevaluate your relationship. Do you need this? Does your baby deserve this? It may just be a thought that intrigues him and may blow over. In the mean time just be on your toes and dont put up with anything. Its about the baby and making decisions for him/her. Go with your gut GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• No I don't think it's being responsible. The money he spent on the 'shrooms alone should be put up for diapers and food.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• He is a moron. So sad he is the father of your child. Poor kid.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is right and if he is hell bent on doing drugs then tell him he can go somewhere else. And do not expect a ride home from you. You can't keep him from doing it, but you don't have to make it easy for him.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• No he should not. The baby is 4 wks old for goodness sake and this is what he is coming up with? I dont know what kind of routines you have or if he is a good daddy but a good SO would let you get some rest first. You have every right to put your foot down or put it up his.......
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• your son Does not have a good father.I DONT WANT TO BE RUDE. you did the right thing you told him NO. he shouldn be aroun the baby under the influence of mushroon. I have never tried drugs and I dond know other individuals act after all. Just be careful And good luck
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2009