Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When getting married goes on to finalize dependency?

My fiance is in the Coast Guard and we were wondering after we are married how to finalize dependency in order to get the dependency pay. Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by Dantana02645 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • He needs to add you to DEERS.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 7:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • You will have to get a certified copy of the marriage license. He will need to take that to his personnel office. The will add you on his infor on his Page 2. He will also need to add you to his DEERS. It is also a good time for him to change beneficiary on his SGLI if he intends to do that.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Survey Sites!

Next question overall (Relationships)
help, please read.